CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday

Are we too comfortable?


Can we get too comfortable in our marriage? Can we get to the point that we don't really do anything to improve our appearance or maybe prepare for our mate because we are just ok with where we are?

I think we can. I think in our marriage we are there. I find myself, just happy to be home with my husband. Happy that he is home and we can talk and snuggle on the couch. It all sounds great but I tend to not put my makeup on when I am not heading into work and the worst part is I wear pajama pants that should have been thrown out 5 years ago to hang out at the house. And even worst than that..... I wear them to bed. (YIKS)

My baby (husband) is so laid back, so easy going, but I should not take advantage of that. I am thankful that we have finally come to a point in our marriage and lives that we are content with each other and we accept each other for who we are but I really don't think 20 years ago my baby thought we would be sitting on the couch with Christmas pajama on in July with a t shirt that might have stains on it topped with no make up on at all. I guess, I think it is ok as long as the teeth are brushed.

We need to constantly strive to look our best for our mates. I had a lady tell me one time, "you need to look the best you can for your husband because there is always some other lady out there that will try to look better because they want to break up your marriage." I totally agree with her and I have seen that happen . That stuck with me. I can't say that I follow that advice all the time because, I do still have my soft comfy snowman pajamas but I am saying I need to put a strong effort into changing the way a look around my husband.

What do you think, do you think we need to always be groomed for our mates or do you think it is ok to put your guard down and just be slouchy around your home? Needless to say, it is your home? hummmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts here

Blog Widget by LinkWithin