CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday

Young Love

Young love, do you remember that feeling? I can remember planning for hours what I was going to wear, how I was going to fix my hair, and my makeup. All the details I had lined out hours before my love came to pick me up. Wow things have changed, ring on the finger, two kids later and over 20 years together, I don't really spend much time planning my love to come home or time together on a daily basis. I will for special occasions but not daily.

When the kids were younger, I had a daycare in my home. Gregg would go to work and I would just be getting up and getting ready for the day. When Gregg returned I still looked like I had just got up. Hair not really fixed, makeup maybe on and wearing a sweat suit or shorts and t shirt. I knew when he would be home, he normally would call and tell me he was on his way home but my priorities had changed. It wasn't being presentable for him it was being comfortable and busy with the kids and household. This is not right or wrong but for our husbands it is not pleasing to the eye. I am blessed to have a husband that doesn't complain but when I do make an effort, he praises or compliments me so that tells me what he prefers.


Our mates are away from home all day with people of the oposite sex that don't have the best intentions in mind or maybe they are honorable but they are dressed, makeup on and hair looking great. As a wife, we need to be pleasing to our husbands. We need to look pleaseing to his eyes for his return home.

In the book of Song of Solomon talks about the visual attraction that you and your mate should have. This attraction doesn't need to end on the wedding night or when your children is born, it should continue through out your marriage. This is something that is shared with your mate and it grows deeper over time. Continue to make yourself pleasing to his eye, you are his beloved.

My challenge to you and to myself is prepare for your mate. Prepare for their homecoming each day, for your reunion back together each day. It doesn't have to be big, just do something that makes him aware that you thought about his homecoming. What is more special than your love returning home to you each day? That should be the hightlight in our day within our marriage.

"I am my love's and my love is mine" Song of Solomon 2:16

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I am only 27 and Scott is only 30, we have been together since I was around 20/21. I know it probably gets harder to keep things young and fresh as the years go by, but Scott and I act the same as we did when we first met. We get excited by one another. We are affectionate all of the time. I can't wait for him to come home from work. When we have date nights, which is weekly, I still get excited and plan how to look pretty for my man. Scott and I always talk about how we hope we still this excited and inlove at the age of 90. I think we will be :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara that is awesome! It is so important to keep your marriage first and always working to please each other.
    Thanks for reading. I look forward to talking to you more often.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts here

Blog Widget by LinkWithin